I'm an MFA student in the summer program at Bard College in Annandale-on-Hudson, NY. My main medium is photography, but I dabble in poetry as well. I am getting an MFA because I like the intensity of the education, plus I admit to being a total geek about academic discourse. I'd love to actually have in depth discussions online with readings to compare if anyone else is interested. My program being of a distance learning and independant nature, I don't get as much discussion as I'd like...
What I'm reading right now:
- Light in a Dark Room - Photography and Loss - Jay Prosser
- Rootprints - Memory and Life Writing - Helene Cixous
- Family Secrets - Acts of Memory and Imagination - Annette Kuhn
- Poetics of Space - Gaston Bachelard
- Being and Time - Martin Heidegger
Plus several more. I have a really really huge stack of books in my living room from the library. I'm a bit over-ambitious with my reading lists.
I'm currently working on a project regarding the shaping of loss and memory through intimate and personal spaces. Let's get this community moving!